A wife's charm delights her husband, and her skill puts fat on his bones. Like the sun rising in the heights of the Lord so is the beauty of a good wife in her well-ordered home. Like the shining lamp on the holy lamp stand, so is a beautiful face on a stately figure - Sirach 26:13

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. - Php 4:8

Monday, March 22, 2010

Baby Girl's Bridesmaid Dress



Here is my baby girl wearing Butterick pattern 4385. This neckline looks a little low because I had read reviews that the band around the top gaped, so I decided to omit it. In retrospect, perhaps I should then have made the bodice higher. Fortunately, at the wedding a woman gave her a strand of fresh water pearls to wear and it wasn't as obvious. It also made her feel very special. When I have pictures of her at the wedding, I will post them. I made this out of beautiful dupion white silk that was a delight to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment